NWCY℠ New Year Wellness Office Challenge Official Rules
To enter the NW Corporate Yoga℠ (“NWCY”) New Year Wellness Office Challenge (the “Challenge”), you'll need an activity tracker to log your time and activities. You can download one here [PDF]. Before you begin, be sure to read the rules below, and if you have any questions, please send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a description of Prizes, please scroll to the Prizes section below.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR WIN
The Challenge begins on January 1, 2019 at 12:01 A.M. Pacific Time (PT) and ends on January 31 at 11:59:59 P.M. PT (the “Challenge Period”).
This Challenge is open only to current, active employees of corporate offices that host recurring wellness classes instructed by NW Corporate Yoga LLC (the “Sponsor”), the sponsor of the Challenge, and have notified the Sponsor of their intent to host the Challenge at their offices (an “Eligible Offices,” and each an “Eligible Office”). Each Employee of an Eligible Office may participate in the Challenge. In order for an employee of an Eligible Office to win a prize, as described below, the employee must still be a current, active employee of an Eligible Office at the time winners are announced by the Sponsor (“Eligible Employees,” and each an “Eligible Employee.”)
Each participant in the Challenge fully and unconditionally agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Email timestamps and the end of classes Instagram’s computer servers shall serve as the official clock for all purposes of this Contest.
How to Participate:
1. On or around the start of the Challenge Period, obtain a Challenge activity tracker (the “Activity Tracker”) from (a) your office’s wellness coordinator, (b) the Sponsor by emailing email@example.com or attending any of Sponsor’s wellness classes held at your office or (c) by downloading here [PDF].
2. As you participate in physical wellness activities during the Challenge Period, fill in your Activity Tracker with the name of the physical wellness activity and the duration of time in which you participated. Physical activities should be (a) legal, (b) safe, (b) appropriate for discussion within your office work environment, (d) include movement of the body at a moderate to vigorous intensity and (e) done with the purpose of improving your health (“Qualifying Activities”). Any illegal, dangerous, or inappropriate activities (as solely determined by the Sponsors) will result in your disqualification.
3. Fill in your activity tracker as you perform Qualifying Activities during the month of January in the year 2019.
4. Prior to 5:00 PM PT on February 3, 2019 (the “Challenge Deadline”), submit your completed Activity Tracker by (a) emailing it to the Sponsor at firstname.lastname@example.org, (b) personally delivering to a representative of the Sponsor or (c) using a common carrier (e.g., U.S. mail, Federal Express, etc.) to deliver to NW Corporate Yoga LLC, 1517 12th Avenue, Suite 101, Seattle WA 98122. All Activity Trackers sent by common carrier must have a postmark date of February 3, 2018 or earlier. Physical submissions cannot be acknowledged or returned and become the property of the Sponsor upon receipt.
5. Earn points (“Wellness Points”, and each a “Wellness Point”) for each minute you participate in a Qualifying Activity that is recorded on your Activity Tracker. The more minutes, the more points.
How Winners will be Determined
No later than Friday, January 24, 2019, the Sponsor will compile all Activity Trackers received prior to or by the Challenge Deadline and separate such Activity Trackers according to each Eligible Employee’s designated office. The Sponsor will then calculate the Wellness Points for each Eligible Employee that meet the requirements provided in these Official Rules. The top three (3) Eligible Employees with the highest number of Wellness Points at each participating Eligible Office will be considered winners (the “Winners”, or each a “Winner”).
The Sponsor will notify each Winner by email (the “Notification Email”), using the email address provided on the Winner’s Activity Tracker, and provide instructions on how to claim the prize and a deadline for collecting the prize. The Winner will then be required to contact the Sponsor according to those instructions and by the deadline stated in the email. If the Winner contacts the Sponsors as required by the Notification Email, the Sponsor will deliver the prizes within three (3) to six (6) weeks to the Winner.
If the Winner fails to contact the Sponsor in accordance with the Notification Email, the Winner will be automatically disqualified from the Challenge and the Winner or Eligible Employee following the 3rd place Winner will move up to obtain a new place. For example, if the initial 1st place winner failed to contact the Sponsor in accordance with the Notification Email, the initial 2nd place winner will move to 1st place, the initial 3rd place winner will move to 2nd place and the Eligible Employee following the 3rd place Winner will move to 3rd place. The Sponsor will continue this notification process until the Winners for each place have satisfied the requirements stated in the Notification Email.
Physical activities are a great way to achieve mental, emotional and physical wellness, but they’re not without inherent with risks. The Sponsor encourages all participants to seek medical advice before beginning any diet or exercise programs related to this Challenge. To ensure the your safety during the Challenge Period, please consult a licensed health-care provider before you participate. Risk of injury and harm are especially high for those who already suffer from any medical condition or regularly use prescription or over-the-counter medications. As such, consulting with your licensed health-care provider is highly recommended. Additionally, if you are not experienced with engaging in physical activities on a regular basis, you should also consult with a qualified trainer, coach or other type of wellness instructor.
By participating in the Challenge, which will be evidenced by your receipt of the Activity Tracker, you will be certifying that you believe yourself to be qualified, in good health and in proper physical condition to participate in the Challenge. Additionally, you understand the nature of physical activities and the risks involved with physical activities and agree to accept and assume any and all risks of injury, death, property damage or other, whether caused by the negligence of the Sponsor, yourself or otherwise. Furthermore, by participating, you expressly waive and release any and all claims, now known or hereafter known in any jurisdiction throughout the world, against the Sponsor, and its employees, agents, and members (collectively, "Releasees"), on account of injury, death, property damage or other liability arising out of or attributable to my participation in the Challenge, whether arising out of the negligence of the Sponsor, your own or any Releasees or otherwise. You promise not to make or bring any such claim against the Sponsor or any other Releasee, and forever release and discharge the Sponsor and all other Releasees from liability under such claims.
For each participating office, prizes will be awarded to participating employees according to the total number of eligible wellness points accumulated during the month of January in the year of 2019.
One (1) Overall 1st Place Prize for the participant with the most points:
• $100.00 gift card of choice from a selection of retailers provided by the Sponsor,
• One (1) NWCY℠ t-shirt, and
• One (1) 16 oz. Hydro Flask® stainless steel water bottle/ travel coffee mug
One (1) Overall 2nd Place Prize for the participant with the 2nd most points:
• $50.00 gift card of choice from a selection of retailers provided by the Sponsor, and
• One (1) NWCY℠ t-shirt
One (1) Overall 3rd Place Prize for the participant with the 3rd most points:
• One (1) NWCY℠ t-shirt
Approximate retail value of prizes for each participating Eligible Office: $300.00.
All expenses, if any, are the responsibility of each Winner, including, but not limited to, sales taxes, gratuities and all other incidental expenses. All federal, state and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winners. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for any prizes will be permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, which may be exercised as a result of the unavailability of prizes for any reason, including but not limited to cancellation, scheduling conflicts or force majeure. Prize values are in U.S. currency. However, any portion of the prize not accepted by the winner within the time frame stated in the Notification Email will be forfeited.
Disclaimers and Warranties
The Sponsor, and its subsidiaries, affiliates and successors, and the officers, directors and employees of each, shall not have any obligation or responsibility with regard to (i) entries, prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer, technical or human error of any kind, (ii) entries that contain inaccurate information or do not comply with these rules, (iii) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or (iv) any inability of the winner to accept the prize for any reason; (v) inability to award a prize for any reasons including without limitation delays or interruptions due to Acts of God, natural disasters, terrorism or weather; or (vi) any damages or losses of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from awarding, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of any prize or resulting from participating in this promotion or any promotion or prize related activities. The Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Challenge or otherwise violating these rules.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SPONSOR MAKES NO WARRANTIES, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, CONCERNING THE CHALLENGE AND PRIZE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, THE PRIZE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, AND, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
1. General. It is each Participant’s responsibility to ensure that he/she has complied in full all of the conditions and requirements contained in these Official Rules.
2. Governing Law. The Challenge and these Official Rules are to be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington.
4. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold the Sponsor and its respective directors, officers, employees, and applicable third parties (collectively "Indemnified Person(s)") harmless from and against any and all third-party claims, liability, loss and expense (including reasonable legal fees, damage awards, and settlement amounts) brought against any Indemnified Person(s) arising out of, or related to or which may arise from your participation in the Challenge. The Indemnified Persons may in their sole discretion control the defense, at your expense, of any claim indemnified herein. In the event that the Indemnified Parties determine not to control the defense of any claim hereunder, any Indemnified Person may join in defense with counsel of its choice at its own expense. You will not settle or resolve any such claim in a manner that imposes any liability or obligation on the Sponsor or affects the Sponsor’s rights in connection therewith without the advance written approval of the Sponsor.
5. Cooperation in the Announcement. In consideration of being award a prize, each Winner agrees to participate fully and without compensation in any announcement(s) by the Sponsor in its sole discretion related to the granting of a prize to the Winner, including, but not limited to, email announcements to all participating Eligible Employees in the Winner’s Eligible Office.
6. For More Information
If you have any questions regarding the Challenge, please contact us at email@example.com or write to us at:
NW Corporate Yoga LLC
1517 12th Avenue, Suite 101
Seattle, Washington 98122